The data protection laws protect personal data. Personal data is individual information about personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person (a human being). This includes, for example, the name, postal or e-mail address of a person. It also includes information about when this person looked at which page.
1.1 When visiting the website
Personal data may be stored and processed when you visit our website. In particular, the following data may be stored in the logfiles relating to every visit of our website:
- IP-address of the visitor
- Date and time
We process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection setup of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability, as well as for other administrative purposes.
1.2 When using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the possibility of contacting us via a form provided on the website. In doing so, the provision of a valid e-mail address is required for a response, so that we know from whom the request originates. Any other information you provide is purely voluntary. We process the data for the purpose of contacting you in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a DSGVO on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. We automatically delete the personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form after completion of the request you have made.
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only share your personal data with third parties if:
- you give your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a DSGVO,
- the disclosure is required under Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. c DSGVO, as well as
- this is legally permissible and necessary according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness. Your terminal device only stores these for a certain specified period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, the server automatically recognizes that you have already been with us. This means that you do not have to enter your data and settings again.
1.4.2 Browser configuration
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
1.5. Use of Google Fonts
Our website uses Google Fonts as external fonts. Google Fonts is a service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The integration of these fonts is done by a server call, usually a Google server in the USA. This transmits to the server which of our websites you are visiting. Furthermore, the IP address of the browser of the end device of the visitor to this website is stored by Google.
1.6 Use of Google Analytics
Insofar as you have given your consent, Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, is used on this website. The responsible service provider in the EU is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”).
1.6.1 Scope of processing
We use the function ‘anonymizeIP’ (so-called IP masking): Due to the activation of IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
During your website visit, the following data is collected, among other things:
- the pages you visit, your “click path”,
- achievement of “website goals” (conversions, e.g. newsletter sign-ups, downloads, purchases),
- your user behavior (for example, clicks, dwell time, bounce rates),
- your approximate location (region),
- your IP address (in shortened form),
- technical information about your browser and the end devices you use (e.g., language setting, screen resolution),
- your internet service provider,
- the referrer URL (via which website/ via which advertising medium you came to this website).
1.6.2 Recipient of the data
The recipient of the data is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland as a processor. We have concluded an order processing agreement with Google for this purpose. Google LLC, based in California, USA, and, if applicable, US authorities can access the data stored by Google.
A transfer of data to the USA cannot be ruled out.
1.6.3 Storage period
The data sent by us and linked to cookies are automatically deleted after 14 months. The deletion of data whose retention period has been reached takes place automatically once a month.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by
- not giving your consent to the setting of the cookie or
- downloading and installing the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics here.
In addition, you can also prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software. However, if you configure your browser to refuse all cookies, you may experience limitations in functionality on this and other websites.
1.6.4 Legal basis and revocation option
The legal basis for this data processing is your consent, Art.6 para.1 p.1 lit.a DSGVO. However, you can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by calling up the cookie settings and changing your selection there.
1.6.5 Purposes of the processing
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website and to compile reports on website activity. The reports provided by Google Analytics are used to analyze the performance of our website.
1.7 Use of YouTube
We use videos from YouTube and YouTube plug-ins on our website. YouTube is a service provided by YouTube LLC (“YouTube”), 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube LLC is a subsidiary of Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
The integration of YouTube takes place by embedding the service on our website using a so-called “iFrame”. When loading this iFrame, YouTube or Google may collect information (including personal data) and process it. It cannot be ruled out that YouTube or Google also transmits the information to a server in a third country.
By integrating YouTube, we pursue the purpose of being able to present various videos to you on our website so that you can watch them directly on our website.
1.7.1 Legal basis and right of objection
The legal basis for the processing of personal data described here is Art. 6 (1) f) DSGVO. Our legitimate interest required for this lies in the great benefit that YouTube offers. By integrating external videos, we relieve our servers and can use corresponding resources elsewhere. This can, among other things, increase the stability of our servers. YouTube and Google have a legitimate interest in the collected (personal) data to improve their own services.
You have the right to object. You can send or inform us of your objection at any time (e.g. by e-mail to mail(at)wehrmann.legal).
The provision of personal data is not required by law or contract, nor is it necessary for the conclusion of a contract. You are also not obliged to provide the personal data. However, failure to provide the data may mean that you cannot use our website or cannot use it to its full extent.
You can find more detailed information in the privacy notices of YouTube and Google, respectively, which you can access here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
Information on Google’s privacy settings can be found at https://safety.google/.
2. Data subject rights
You have the right:
2.1 to request information and correction
- To request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art.15 DSGVO. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, immediately demand the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
2.2 to demand deletion, restriction or surrender of your personal data
- in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art.18 DSGVO, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO;
- pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
2.3 to revoke your consent and lodge a complaint
- In accordance with Art.7 para.3 DSGVO, to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future, and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO.
As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace for this purpose.
3. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising.
In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without specifying a particular situation. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, an e-mail to mail(at)wehrmann.legal is sufficient.
4. Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. However, if your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead.
You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
6. Contact person
For questions regarding data protection, the collection, processing or use of your personal data, for information, correction, blocking or deletion of data and revocation of consents granted, please contact the contact person indicated in the imprint.